Remember extra Yahrzeit Candles for Yizkor and to have a flame for the 2nd day.
Mincha at 6pm Can be davened from 12:35pm
Ma’ariv at 6:15pm
• An abridged Kabbalat Shabbat is recited that begins with Mizmor Shir Le’Yom Ha’Shabbat (Artscroll Siddur Page 320).
• Ba’Meh Madlikin should be omitted.
• Both Ve’shameru and Va’ye’da’ber (Artscroll Siddur Page 336) are recited before the Amidah.
• Ma’ariv Amidah for Yom Tov with proper insertions for Shabbat and Shemini Atzeret (Artscroll Siddur Page 660).
• Va’yechulu is recited after the Amidah (Artscroll Page Siddur 346) (omitting the Be’racha “Magen Avot” at home) followed by Aleinu and L’Dovid. (Artscroll Siddur Pages 350 and 282)
• In the Diaspora, the Shemini Atzeret meals take place in the Sukkah.
• One does not recite Leisheiv Ba’Sukkah on Shemini Atzeret.
• It is preferable to wait until [nightfall/tzeit hakochavim] at 6:44pm to begin Kiddush. (Artscroll Siddur Page 658)
• Kiddush for Yom Tov with Shabbat and Shemini Atzeret insertions. Kiddush begins with Yom Ha’shishi. We say Mekadesh Ha’Shabbat Ve’Israel Ve’hazemanin.
• We say She’he’che’yanu (Artscroll Siddur Page 658)
• In the event of rain, one may eat indoors. There is no special requirement to recite Kidd
Kabbalat Shabbat on Friday @ 16:45 - Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81250713114?pwd=SnlWK1NQOC94OXhieWtTVENNd2pPQT09
Meeting ID: 812 5071 3114
Havdallah on Saturday @ 18:45 - Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81905551218?pwd=cjlSb21lUXRaMUpzUDJsdEhTNnByQT09
Meeting ID: 819 0555 1218