24HR CSO EMERGENCY CONTACT NUMBER:
086 18 000 18
Please report all suspicious people, vehicles and objects in and around Jewish installations to the CSO.
The safety and security of the BHH Sandton Shul congregation is ensured by the Sandton Shul Executive Committee and Sandton Shul Security Team in close cooperation with the Community Security Organisation (CSO) whose mission statement is To Protect Jewish Life and the Jewish Way of Life.
BHH Sandton Shul is protected 24/7 by well-trained security officers and sophisticated physical security elements.
All visitors to the property are kindly requested to cooperate with the security personnel failing which legal action may be taken against all guilty parties.
Right of admission to the property is reserved and thus all visitors are kindly requested to read the VISITORS section below.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL PERSONS WISHING TO ENTER THE SHUL PROPERTY MAY BE SUBJECT TO SECURITY QUESTIONING AND/OR SEARCHING.
1. DO NOT accept and bring parcels (gifts, bags, food, etc.) to the shul from any person other than your immediate family;
2. DO NOT provide information about the shul to unknown people – refer them to the shul office on 0118834210 for assistance;
3. DO remain alert at all times since we live in a country with a high rate of violent crime;
4. DO NOT allow young children to walk to and from shul without adult supervision;
5. DO NOT walk to and from shul alone but rather try to form walking groups;
6. DO NOT walk to and from shul wearing visible jewellery regardless of its value;
7. DO contact your home’s armed response company to escort you from shul if walking at night;
8. DO beware of people approaching you while walking to shul as they may try to use you to gain access;
9. DO NOT leave ANY unidentified objects (gifts, bags, food, etc.) lying in or around the shul – all unidentified objects may be removed by security and or the South African Police Service (SAPS).
1. Please note that all non-regular visitors will be required to contact the shul office at least three days prior to visiting the shul.
2. A copy of valid photo identification along with the information listed below shall be emailed to the shul office at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The original photo identification will need to be presented to the security personnel at the shul entrance upon arrival.
4. Please note that ONLY valid passports will be accepted as identification for foreign visitors.
· Nature of visit to SA (business / vacation / etc.);
· Intended duration of stay in SA;
· Residential address while in SA (family / hotel / etc.);
· Copy of valid flight itinerary;
· Company details in country of residence and SA (contact names & numbers);
· Local family contact details (if applicable).