The safety and security of the BHH Sandton Shul congregation is ensured by the Sandton Shul Executive Committee in close cooperation with the Community Security Organisation (CSO), which has for the past fourteen years built up a highly trained management team supported by hundreds of volunteers.
The CSO’s mission statement is To Protect Jewish Life and the Jewish Way of Life and it has done so successfully, with the help of Hashem, since its incepetion.
The private property of the BHH Sandton Shul is protected 24/7 by well trained security officers and sophisticated physical security elements.
All visitors to the property are kindly requested to cooperate with the security personnel failing which legal action may be taken against all guilty parties.
Right of admission to the property is reserved and thus all visitors are kindly requested to read the VISITORS section below.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL PERSONS WISHING TO ENTER THE SHUL PROPERTY MAY BE SUBJECT TO SECURITY QUESTIONING AND/OR SEARCHING.
- DO NOT accept and bring parcels (gifts, bags, food, etc.) to the shul from any person other than your immediate family;
- DO NOT provide information about the shul to unknown people – refer them to the shul office for assistance;
- DO remain alert at all times since we live in a country with a high rate of violent crime;
- DO NOT allow young children to walk to and from shul without adult supervision;
- DO NOT walk to and from shul alone but rather try to form walking groups;
- DO NOT walk to and from shul wearing visible jewellery regardless of its value;
- DO contact your home’s armed response company to escort you from shul if walking at night;
- DO beware of people approaching you while walking to shul as they may try to use you to gain access;
- DO NOT leave ANY unidentified objects (gifts, bags, food, etc.) lying in or around the shul – all unidentified objects may be removed by security and or the South African Police Service (SAPS).
Please note that for security reasons, as of 1st May 2010, all non-regular visitors will be required to contact the shul office at least three days prior to visiting the shul.
A copy of valid photo identification along with the information listed below shall be faxed or emailed to the shul office on 011 883 4245 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The original photo identification will need to be presented to the security personnel at the shul entrance upon arrival.
Please note that ONLY valid passports will be accepted as identification for foreign visitors.
Nature of visit to SA (business / vacation / etc.);
Intended duration of stay in SA;
Residential address while in SA (family / hotel / etc.);
Copy of valid flight itinerary;
Company details in country of residence and SA (contact names & numbers);
Local family contact details (if applicable).
In the event of an EMERGENCY or to report any suspicious activities, people or
objects in and around our Jewish installations, please contact the
CSO Emergency Number (24hrs)
086 18 000 18